Parent Volunteers are a very important part of our school community. We encourage every parent to become involved in our school to the extent possible. Parents, teachers and administrators working in partnership makes a difference in the quality of the learning experience for our young students. There are many ways to be involved:
- Get involved with our parents’ organization, CAPS (Christopher Academy Parents Support), and help plan events and activities for students, parents and families.
- Help your child’s classroom teacher:
- Be a room parent
- Help with special projects and events specific to the class
- Sign up to be an approved driver so you can drive on field trips
- Offer to help with tasks such as cutting out items, making things for class, etc. from home.
- Volunteer to help with the Adventure Kids Program & CARES Club for 1st – 5th grade students .
- Serve on a committee to plan a major event for the school:
- Chair or co-chair
- Be a member of the committee
- Sign up to help with specific tasks needed to organize the event
- Sign up to help the day of the event
- Donate or solicit donations for specific events
- Share your ideas and talents
- Volunteer to help with the Library
- Help keep our school well maintained:
- Help with regular raking of the playground mulch
- Help on spruce up days when scheduled
- Help clear snow and ice in the winter
- Let us know you are a “handy man” or “handy woman” who can help out with simple repairs.
CAPS (CHRISTOPHER ACADEMY PARENTS SUPPORT) is our parent organization.
CAPS is an organization for parents to come together to discuss ideas and plan activities/events for the school.
- Emphasis is on events for students and families to enjoy together.
- CAPS also strives to support major fundraising efforts of the School.
- CAPS may plan informational programs/workshops for parents.
- Share ideas with other parents and school personnel.
CO-CHAIRS ARE NEEDED FOR CAPS ACTIVITIES. These individuals will facilitate meetings, recruit other parents to volunteer with various events, and generally help pull together ideas for future events and programs. CA staff will certainly assist the Co-chairs.
EVENTS TYPICALLY INCLUDE:
- Tides Game family night
- Ice Cream Social
- Holiday Mouse Breakfast
- Family nights/events
- Book Fairs
- Elementary lunches